Sunday, April 06, 2008

Say what?

A young woman came into the bookshop and asked for 'Annie's spectacles'. I repeated it, she repeated it again, I typed it into the computer, nothing came up. I assumed from the title that it was a children's book, but I asked the customer, just to be sure.

"No, it's a play," she said.

I hadn't heard of it, but hey ho. I checked a different search engine. Nothing.

"Annie's spectacles?" I said again.

"It's very famous," she said.

I shook my head. 

"Nothing's coming up."

Then suddenly, penny drops, ahh, "An Inspector Calls".

2 comments:

pierre l said...

I just did a google search on "Annie's spectacles" to see whether google had some sort of "sounds like" feature. It doesn't seem to, but "asalted" was the first match.

Ed Mahony said...

Stumbled onto this (interesting) blog and see you work in a bookshop. You might be interested in my post: 'Best bookshop in the world'. Eamon. creativethinkjuice.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly